Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Manifesto of Style

Myself at Brick Lane!


1. Don't follow trends like a sheep - especially if you feel that they don't suit you.

2. Comfort is key - You might look hot in those 7 inch heels but walking with a hobble is categorically not. Be practical to an extent but that doesn't mean you need to get out the anorak.

3. Confidence is everything - if you act like you're beautiful and you feel good then it will radiate off you no matter what. If you think good thoughts then it will show. Sometimes in my head I imagine I'm Scarlet Johansson...

4. In relation to confidence, dare to be different. It's okay to go against your better judgement at times and wear something unusual, you might find it beneficial and you could get lots of compliments! People admire those who are different, and if they don't it's because they don't like what they don't understand.

5. Embrace the stares. From a young age I've had "looks" from people for my fashion sense. Sometimes these are looks of admiration and sometimes it's "oh dear what is she wearing?!". Either way, who cares, they're looking at you and nobody else. You caught their eye and that's better than being a wallflower (although that can have it perks... mind the pun).

6. Only buy something if you think you will still be thinking about it that night - I use this rule so often. If I'm not sure about something at first and I can come back to it, I'll go home and see if I'm still thinking about the item and then go back and get it if I am! This saves a lot of impulse buys for things that will end up screwed up at the bottom of your wardrobe.

7. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever dress for a man! I really cannot stress that enough. In fact, never dress for anybody else other than yourself. Unless it's to look better than everyone else, then I fully endorse that!! But dressing for somebody else only sacrifices your individuality.

8. All black always looks good. I don't care if I look like a goth, Karl Lagerfeld makes it look chic and so can everyone else.

9. You don't have to have the "perfect" body - one of my favourite phrases at the moment is "How to get a bikini body - put on a bikini". As I said in number 3, confidence is everything and you will look amazing in whatever you wear as long as you feel it.

10. Kitten heels are never okay.


1 comment:

  1. Haha number 10! That should be a law...
    You look awesome by the way!
    -Kate// www.bleached-mort.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete