Pages

Sunday 12 May 2013

They Call Me Mellow Yellow


According to WGSN and other trend sites yellow is going to be the colour of the season this year! It's not usually a colour I would head straight for but with a little bit of sun in the UK I think I can be persuaded.


You don't have to go all-out highlighter yellow though, you could go for a more lemon yellow, a mustard yellow (which will stay with you until Autumn/Winter), or simply a nice bright yellow! It can be a subtle hint of yellow or a full-on yellow outfit if you're feeling daring. Here's some pictures I've found for yellow fashion inspiration..
Bruce Davison, Untitled from Subway, 1980
[This jumpsuit's colour looks so amazing against her skin]


Jessica Stam for Numero
[A gorgeous patterned strapless beach-dress]

Shirt Wut Berlin (Japanese boutique)
[An example of how yellow can be over the top too! This is incredible.]
Kate Moss for Vogue 1993
[Some vintage Kate with a very subtle yellow top]

Yellow Cambridge Satchel
[Even simply a yellow accessory can help!]

Vogue Italia, September 1991
[An all yellow suit!]


Cacharel, Paris Fashion Week
[Offsetting yellow with another colour make a big statement]


1 comment:

  1. Wow those yellow heels are beautiful!! I like this colour trend, I found a yellow dress the other day which i really loved but it wasn't in my size :( x

    ReplyDelete